Machined VICTREX PEEK bearing cages are used where non-metallics are preferred and for highly demanding conditions with high speeds, chemical attack or high temperatures. We manufacture bearings cages in a number of VICTREX PEEK grades depending on application requirements.
- We currently manufacture large filled VICTREX PEEK bearing cages for one of the UK’s largest producers.
- We can also coat existing bearing cages with VICTREX PEEK to enhance their properties for a range of applications.
- We can manufacture large filled VICTREX PEEK bearing cages and also coat existing cages in PEEK to improve their temperature resistance.
VICTREX PEEK is the material of choice for bearing cages because of its:
- Superior combination of strength and flexibility
- High operating temperature range
- High chemical and wear resistance
- Good processability
Due to these outstanding features, VICTREX PEEK cages are used for some ball and cylindrical roller bearings, like hybrid and/or high-precision bearings.
PEEK coated bearing cages are replacing more traditional coatings such as expensive copper and silver. These are generally used to reduce wear. However, tests have shown that at high speeds, PEEK coated cages show no signs of wear long after traditional copper and silver platings have completely worn off.
Contact our team of experts about our bearing cages services.
Our team are happy to answer any questions you have about using our products and services in your next project. Fill in your details below and we'll be in touch.