Dry ice blasting is an environmentally friendly coating removal solution which uses a solid form of carbon dioxide to strip unwanted paint, rust and other coating layers without damaging the surface material underneath.
Due its unique characteristics, dry ice blasting is an ideal cleaning and removal solution in a number different types of industries.
In the automotive and aerospace industry, it is used to prepare surfaces on components such as brake components, landing gear and windshield and body sealants. Another common industry it is used in is the food & drink industry and can be used to remove existing coatings from a whole host of components including bakery molds, conveyors, drip pans, flour sifters, mixers and ovens.
There are a number of reasons why dry ice blasting is used across a wide range of industries.
- Quick turnaround: No post treatment waste leads to quicker production process.
- Non abrasive media: Similar to some of our other grit blasting treatments, it is non abrasive and will not damage surface material when cleaning and removing coating layers.
- Eco-friendly: Dry ice blasting uses recycled CO2 so doesn't contribute to excess CO2 production.
- No waste: Unlike many grit blasting treatments, it doesn't produce any secondary waste that requires removal post treatment.
- Wide range of applications: As listed above, it can be used on a whole host of components across a range of different industries.
DRY ICE BLASTING
Contact our team of experts to discuss our grit blasting services.
Our team are happy to answer any questions you have about using our products and services in your next project. Fill in your details below and we'll be in touch.